Edwards sets the fastest 500-meter time in the nation
Braxton Edwards’ first 500-meter run of the indoor track season not only set a new school record.
Edwards drove the fastest 500 meters of the season of any runner in North Carolina.
Even better – Edwards 500 time of 1: 06.40 is currently the fastest reported time at the event in the United States.
Granted, the season is just getting started, and most of the appearances at the event are coming from North Carolina and Virginia. In fact, three of the nation’s top nine teams came from the same race at the Polk Polar Bear # 1 meet in Polk County on December 1st.
But other than that, Edwards can say that on December 7th, he set the fastest 500-meter mark of any high school student in the country.
Pretty impressive stuff indeed.
US high school boys 500 meters
As reported on MileSplit USA on December 7th
- Braxton Edwards, Polk County, 1:06:40
- Emanual Williams, Central Academy (NC), 1: 07.10
- Vance Jones, Patton, 1: 07.40
- Jack Wolf, Weddington, 1: 08.40
- Adrien Jacobs, Durham School of the Arts, 1: 08.73
- Donald Moore, East Mecklenburg, 1: 08.80
- Justin Powell, Parkland, 1: 08.84
- Noah Nicholson, Riverside (1A), 1: 08.90
- Austin McGuire, Patton, 1: 09.10
- Michail Rose, Faith In Action Ministries Athletics and Recreation (VA), 1: 09.23